Saturday, March 04, 2006

Airborn

I finally made it to Newark Airport in New Jersey, the first leg of my trip. I have some time to use before my Air France flight to Paris. The flight from Albany today was in a small plane that didn't go very high, so I was able to see some terrific landscape out my window. One picture is of a frozen lake with interesting patterns, and the other is some ground. There was a flurry of brow wrinkling when I presented my paper tickets with two day old dates, but they got over it.




Last night after my disappointing derailment at the airport for the second time, Stacy picked me up and we had a drink with her parents at a local hotel bar that has a good spread for "Happy Hour," which included sushi. I was the only one who thought that all you want free sushi was a great find. Later, Stacy and I went out with Andrea (I'm afraid I butted right into a girls night out, but, "hey!") to a club where a writer friend was reading. Then, more free food. Stacy and Andrea didn't think that all you want free buffalo wings was a particularly good find.

I'm hoping to sleep well on the flight to Paris and that my 3:30AM training will kick in tomorrow morning. One more change of flight in Paris and a short hop to Prague. I'm very excited about getting there.

No comments: