Monday, May 15, 2006

Mean Lady

Sounds like you all had lovely Mother's Days. Those mountains look spectacular and too bad about the trout, Melanie. You'll just have to brush off the ol' tent and sleeping bags and do some camping. Stacy and I used to camp a couple of times a year, car camping, that is, tent never more than fifteen feet from the car. But it was fun, especially cooking by the campfire. On our first camping trip, now ten, twelve years ago, we cooked Cornish hens (before Stacy swore off eating items with faces) over the fire. Somehow took hours and hours. We ate about midnight.

Anyway, we spent a rainy Mother's day at our house with Stacy's mom, father, one brother, and Ben. I grilled teriyaki marinated pork tenderloin on the grill (yup, in the rain with my rain-gear). Ben made the green beans, Stacy made the rice and the cream pie desert. Of course, we were all filled up with wine and appetizers by the time dinner was ready. Had what will probably be our last fire in the fireplace for the season, too.

I wrote Stacy a poem from Ben and I titled: "Mean Lady Comes to Town". When the three of us first moved in together, Stacy would often remark when she wanted the household to have some reasonable rules, "Yes, boys, the mean lady has come to town."

3 comments:

Melanie said...

well? do we get to see the poem?

Scott said...

Ummm, no.

Melanie said...

well ok then