Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Elaine

I'm sorry to report the sad news that my sister-in-law Elaine lost her valiant battle with cancer this morning. The funeral is Sunday at 10:30 am.

Bob's efforts to find Elaine the most advanced treatment, and to make life as happy as possible for her these last couple years has been nothing less than heroic, to quote a term used by Ken this morning. Elaine herself told me many times how wonderful he has been through all of this.

Elaine was one of the most special people I have ever known. She was greatly loved and will be greatly missed.

2 comments:

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie said...

Thanks, Penny. I also want to say thank you to Scott & Stacy, Larry and Steven Becker and Jeff Brown for coming to the funeral.

I don't know if I can truly describe this funeral to you. There were hundreds of people. The chapel was crammed full and the lobby was SRO. The cemetery didn't know what to do with all the cars that arrived. An outsider would have thought it was a dignitary or movie star's funeral.

So many spoke and had such wonderful things to say. It was a beautiful tribute to Elaine, and to Bob and the life they have shared.